We are a hotel with the Starlight certificate. This means that we have signed the "Declaration on the Defence of the Night Sky and the Right to Starlight" and we also offer star tourism, i.e. the possibility to observe the sky with telescopes and guided activities.
Throughout the year we offer various guided activities for you to enjoy the night sky in Frómista. In the meantime, come and we will explain to you where to go when the sun sets and what you will discover in the sky. We lend you our telescopes, binoculars and information material, completely free of charge. We assure you that it will be an experience you will recommend to your friends. All you have to do is book a room and let us know so we have everything ready when you arrive.
These are the activities planned for summer 2021:
NIGHT STARS OBSERVATION "LAS PERSEIDAS " - 14th AUGUST
*Paying activity: 12€/person. It is not necessary to stay at the hotel to take part in the activity.
Astrotourism activity for all audiences that includes a night outing along the Canal de Castilla and stargazing (and hopefully some shooting stars!) with Buteo Environmental Initiatives
The activity consists of a night outing along the Canal de Castilla and stargazing while stories and legends are told about the constellations, the relationship of the Camino de Santiago with the stars and many other curiosities. In addition, we hope to observe some of the shooting stars typical of these dates, called "Tears of San Lorenzo" or "Perseids".
I FRÓMISTA ASTRONOMY CONFERENCE - 16 AND 17 JULY 2021
Activity carried out, next year, we will repeat. Free activities.
- Conference "The Celestial Way of St. James: Learning Astronomy". D. José Francisco Sanz Requena.
- Night-time astronomical observation with the Agrupación asonómica Palentina
- Cultural visit to Frómista with the Frómista Tourist Office
- Children's workshop "Astronomía Titiritrash-Tronauta" with Pipas de Coco
- Workshop on Astrophotography with Smartphone/Refle with Astronomía Cerca
- Show Astroesía: Astronomía y Poesía with Astronomía Cerca y Pipas de Coco
- Visit to San Pedro Cultural
Organised by the Town Council of Frómista and the Santa María del Castillo Foundation. With the collaboration of the Diputación de Palencia, the Agrupación Astronómica Palentina, San Pedro Cultural and Eco Hotel Doña Mayor.